- Founder, former CEO and currently Chairman of the Board at Cartera Commerce, the largest advertising network based on card-linked offers and performance-based advertising. Cartera’s clients have included Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, USAA, Delta Airlines, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Conde Nast, Upromise, and Shop.org.
- Founder and board member at JumpTap (acquired by Millennial Media).
- Founding CTO of Upromise, responsible for defining the technology platform, operations, and business processes. Upromise Online Shopping is one of the most successful online shopping portals in the industry. The platform for Upromise eCoupons (recently spun out into SavingStar) today is the largest all-electronic grocery coupon network, with coupons redeemable at over 25,000 US grocery locations. David's global technology organization at Upromise included development, quality assurance, system administration, and application support in both Massachusetts and Bangalore, India.
- Vice President of Engineering at Direct Hit (acquired by Ask Jeeves), where he oversaw all development and operations for the award-winning search technology company.
- Vice President of Engineering at Lycos, where he oversaw the development of the personalized portal My Lycos, as well as the domestic and international versions of Lycos Search and many other products. Under David’s leadership, Lycos engineering grew fivefold to over 120 software developers, web page developers, and quality assurance engineers.
- Previously, David held senior technology management and architect roles at the SQA division of Rational Software (acquired by IBM), architect and product line manager at Object Design (acquired by Progress Software), and Director of Software Development at Symbolics. David served four years as an officer in the US Air Force, serving at National Security Agency.
- David holds an MSCS from the University of Maryland, and a BSEE from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. David holds one patent in Internet search technology.
David’s expertise areas include technology startups (business planning and execution), technology management, data analytics, high-scale database systems including Vertica, consumer marketing and advertising (business models and operations), internet and mobile systems architecture, systems scalability, and systems security.
David is active as an Advisor at Sigma Prime Ventures, where he focuses on helping technology-based startups become hugely successful. He is serving or has served on advisory boards for Chitika, Kwicr, nToggle, MoonToast, Reel, and SiteAdvisor (acquired by McAfee). David has worked with both General Catalyst Partners and Flybridge Capital Partners as Entrpreneur In Residence. David is active in the Boston technology startup community and as an angel investor. His investments include Acquia, Barkly, BlueConic, Care.com, Ceros, CodeShip, DataXu, Finsphere, Kindara, NS1, nToggle, Tank Utility, TVision Insights, PlushCare, and Wall Street Horizon.